We will start with a breakdown of the forwards. One notable snub - captain Max Pacioretty (Left Wing, Canadiens). If any one can not make it because of injury, he is who I would like to see replace them in the line up.
- Nikita Kucherov (Right Wing, Lightning) - young talented, more then a point a game this season. What's not to like?
- Frans Nielsen (Center, Detroit). He has two shorthanded goals this season. Can you say penalty killer?
- Vincent Trocheck: (Center, Panthers) - centers the line with the legendary Jaromir Jagr. Need I say more?
- Brad Marchand (Left Wing, Bruins). He is having a good year, even though the Bruins are not. Currently leading the Bruins in points for the season.
- Kyle Okposo (Right Wing, Sabres) Power Forward. He has had four 20+ goal seasons.
- Auston Matthews (Center, Maple Leafs). You might remember him. Only had 4 goals in his first game. This kid might do OK in the league.
Now for the defensemen. All solid selections. Nothing controversial here. The only snub is Rasmus Ristolainen (Defense, Sabres).
- Shea Weber (Defense, Canadiens) He has a decent slap shot.
- Erik Karlsson (Defense, Senators) Solid Defense men. One of the best fantasy hockey defense men to pick.
- Victor Hedman (Defense, Lightning) He is tracking to be a contender for the Norris Trophy this season. That however is for another blog post.
And now for the goalies... Roberto Luongo was NOT chosen. This will give him something to tweet about.
- Tuukka Rask (Goalie, Bruins) - has been having a great season.
- Carey Price (Goalie, Canadiens). He is also selected to be one of the captains for the all star game. He is one of the main contenders for the Vezina Trophy this season.